With the encouragement of other mothers, Renee Trudeau founded WELLbeings ATX after observing a strong need in Austin for a community/support organization for parents of teens.
Programs are free, volunteer run and all Austin parents with children ages 14-19 are welcome to attend. Our focus is on high school issues.
We have a robust Facebook Community called WELLbeings: Talks & Community for Parents of Teens and occasionally hold workshops.
Workshops are usually held on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30 at the Headwaters School Studio, and occasional expert-led roundtables on specific topics are held at Soma Vida on E. Cesar Chavez. See the Calendar page for a listing of programs.
The organizing team is made up of mothers with MS/HS children in the Austin area.
WELLbeings ATX Team:
- Renee Trudeau, parent at Headwaters
- Jana Bodeman, former parent at Girls School of Austin; parent at Headwaters
- Lizzie Martinez, parent at McCallum High and Lamar Middle School
- Cristina Rangel, parent at Headwaters
- Laura Shook, parent at McCallum High
- Agnes Seabass, former parent at Westlake and St. Michael’s; parent at Fusion Academy